Extract Inventory - Download
This guide will explain how to use the Extract Inventory tool and retrieve the product data stored on live listings to bring this into Linnworks in preparation for the creation of new Linnworks inventory items or updating existing ones with current listing data.
A listing download can be achieved on an individual listing base, in bulk on a selected set of listings or for all of your listings for the current channel.
To download individual listing
- Select the listing that you wish to download data from.
- Click the Download button in that row.
The download job will be immediately queued and the status at the bottom of the screen will be updated.
Once downloaded the Download button will be replaced with either Create or Update and the Details / Images / Properties fields will be updated to display appropriate numbers confirming data has been retrieved from the listing.
To download listings in bulk - selected listings
The only difference between individual and Bulk is the number of listings that have been selected for download.
- Select multiple listings either by using the standard windows functionality of Ctrl + Click or Shift + Click.
- Click the Download button on the top right just above the grid and they will all be added to a job to download the data.
The length of time download all of the listing data will depend on the number of listings that have been selected.
To download listings in bulk - all listings
When downloading in bulk the system processes in batches of 200, therefore after each batch has been completed the status will be updated on those that have been completed providing some feedback on the progress that has been made.
To fetch data for all your listings instead of selecting in Extract Inventory and clicking download, the job is controlled via your channel config.
The steps to achieve this are:
- Go to Settings > Channel Integration
- Find the required channel
- Click the Edit Channel details button to open the channel config
- In the Inventory Sync section tick the option Download full listings
- In the Listings section click the button Download Listings
- Save the config
Depending on the number of listings you have this may take some time; for 1000 listings this may take in the region of 1 to 2 hours dependent on the response times from the channel.
Now depending on your situation, you can either Create new inventory or Update existing inventory items.