Listing to the Amazon Catalog
The Amazon catalog includes products sold by many sellers so that the same item is not listed several times. If you are selling an item that is already in the catalog, then you can add an offer for that item via Linnworks. It is quick and easy, as you don't have to maintain all product information yourself. Someone else has already listed the product, and you only need to let buyers know that your store is selling it too. All Linnworks needs to do is upload stock levels, prices and shipping details to the listing.
Listing without a configurator
Listing a single item to the Amazon catalog can be done without a configurator as well. In this case, the required attributes will need to be added manually.
To list item to Catalog:
- Go to Inventory > My Inventory.
- Use a View that displays your Amazon channel as a column.
- Select the item and right-click the Amazon channel column.
- Select +Add to Catalog > Without Configurator(s).
This will open the Add to catalog screen.
Listing in bulk
If you have multiple items that you want to list to the Amazon catalog at the same time, you can do so in bulk by using a configurator. The Amazon Configurator used for listing to catalog needs to specify where the Product Identifier is stored in the item - this is either an EAN or UPC barcode or an ASIN. It is recommended that you use the product’s ASIN as its identifier for best results, but other identifiers will work as well.
To set up a configurator to work with a product identifier:
- On the configurator, open the Attributes screen.
- Find the Standard Product ID (Type) attribute and set its default value to the type of attribute you are using. If you are using different ID types for different items, then you will need to store this type as an extended property and map the attribute.
- Find the attribute called Standard Product ID (Value) and in the Extended Property column, choose the extended property (or stock item field) that you have saved the identifier to.
Now that you have a configurator set up to use a product identifier, you can begin to list your items in bulk using that configurator.
- Go to Inventory > My inventory.
- Select a View that displays your Amazon channel as a column.
- Select the items you want to list and right-click the Amazon channel column.
- Create normal templates with the suitable configurator.
- Select all the templates and click the Match button.
- Click Process.
This will open the Add to catalog screen.
Add to catalog screen
In the Add to catalog screen, search the Amazon Catalog for a listing that matched the stock item.
There are 2 ways:
- Searching using the stock item title (automatically taken from the stock item)
- Searching using the stock item barcode (as either an EAN, UPC or ASIN number)
You can also narrow down the search by selecting an Amazon category before searching.
Multiple results may be found. To list your item against one of the results, tick the checkbox in the List column. Then, you can set a SKU and price for the listing. Linnworks will take the stock item SKU and Amazon-specific listing price by default.
You can list the same item against multiple catalog listings at once by checking the List box multiple times.
Once you have decided what products to list against, use the bottom section of the screen to set your listing settings.
- Condition Type: The condition of the item that's being sold.
- Condition Note: A free text field where you can describe the condition of the item in more detail.
- Fulfillment Center: confirm if you are shipping the item yourself, or via an Amazon fulfilment centre.
- Ship Internationally: Confirm where you ship to.
- Shipping Merchant Group Name: If you have opted into using Merchant Shipping Groups on Amazon, then you can enter the name of the policy you wish to apply here. Please note that these need to be configured on Amazon Seller Central, Linnworks will just submit the name of the group to Amazon.
- Additional attributes: Select additional attributes if required, these are mostly used for electric appliances.
If you are using a configurator for listing and mapped these attributes there, details will be added automatically.
Once you are happy with the listings you selected and the settings you configured, click the List button.