76% of consumers say convenience is a key priority in selecting a retailer & 75% value convenience more than they did a year ago.
Linnworks latest research whitepaper unpacks findings from a survey of 1000 shoppers to find out what they prioritise when deciding where to shop. Fast and easy shopping, and a convenient, frictionless ecommerce purchase experience come out on top. Consumers now expect effortless commerce, and consumer choice will follow the path of least resistance.
Lockdowns in cities around the world over the past year has accelerated this shift to convenience as many consumers came to rely on online shopping for everyday essentials as they juggled working from home and other responsibilities. Shopping is now an ‘always-on’ experience and consumers expect to be able to make purchases whenever they need to.
This sounds ideal for retailers, but to be successful, they need to be able to sell wherever their customers are - by conducting Total Commerce. Once driven almost exclusively by price, today’s consumers are increasingly influenced by convenience and ease of purchase, therefore retailers need to offer a frictionless experience, from product discovery right through to their shipping and returns policy. As Linnworks research demonstrates, customer journeys are fragmented and each touchpoint is an opportunity for retailers to win.
Download Linnworks research whitepaper - Fill in the form below.
Five key findings from Linnworks research:
- Convenience is king - 76% say convenience is their key priority in selecting a retailer and nine in ten will prioritise using a retail site that offers a seamless experience.
- Convenience means seamless experiences - 81% of shoppers are looking for a frictionless, cross device ecommerce experience.
- Third party selling (social and marketplaces) is a key part of the journey - More than nine in ten shoppers start their product search on a marketplace and 76% have made impulse purchases via social channels due to the ease of purchase.
- Consumers want payment options - Nearly nine in ten say seamless and flexible payment options speed up their decision making and prompt them to spend more.
- Delivery impacts conversion - 95% of shoppers reveal convenient delivery options are a major factor in the online retailers they use.
Get the knowledge you need to grow your business, straight to your inbox.
Now commerce connects
Find out how Linnworks can help grow your business.
Speak to us to find out how Linnworks can connect and automate your commerce operations so you can capture every revenue opportunity.