The Linnworks integration with ShipStation allows the 2 systems to interact on order and shipping management to provide the best balance of services to the online seller. This section includes articles about the functionality of this connection.
Table of Contents
- How does information about the order flow between the different platforms?
- How can you track the current stage the order is at?
- How does Order Synchronisation work between Linnworks and ShipStation?
- Why won't ShipStation pick up this order?
- How to cancel an order?
- How to Split or Merge Orders?
- How are Order/Item Dimensions handled?
How does information about the order flow between the different platforms?
- Order is downloaded from the selling channel into Linnworks
- Order information is passed to ShipStation (LW Order Id, Channel Order reference, Customer Shipping details, Dimensions, ...)
- The order is processed in ShipStation, the shipping label is printed. Shipping and tracking information is assigned to the order by ShipStation
- Shipping, tracking information and order status is passed back to the order in Linnworks
- Linnworks receives Order ID, Carrier, Shipping Service, Tracking Number, saves them against the specified order and marks the order as Shipping Label Printed
- Order is processed by user or
- Order is moved to Processed Orders where Auto Process was selected in config
An order's current status can be viewed in the audit trail of that order.
- Orders exported to ShipStation contains the entry Order was successfully synchronized
- Following receipt of Shipment and Tracking information from ShipStation, Linnworks adds Audit Trail entries containing the Label Creation and Order Fulfillment Dates
- ShipStation stores dates and times based on Pacific Standard Time or Pacific Daylight Time, depending on the date (defining whether Daylight Savings Time is in effect)
- Linnworks stores dates and times as UTC. Audit Trail entries, being actioned by Linnworks, have a date stamp in UTC
- The notes will include the PST/PDT date and time on the note
How does Order Synchronisation work between Linnworks and ShipStation?
- All orders in Open Orders that aren't assigned to a Fulfillment Center
- Only those orders assigned to a specific Folder
- The Rules Engine can be used to define Automatic Folder allocation to automate the process further
- Linnworks will synchronise orders with ShipStation every 2 hours by default if Auto-Update is checked in ShipStation
- Orders processed in Linnworks prior to ShipStation will have its status in ShipStation to Shipped at next synchronisation
Why won't ShipStation pick up this order?
- It is imperative that all orders have a valid Country in their address. ShipStation will not pick up orders with a country of UNKNOWN
- Orders with any item that do not contain an item number/SKU will not be sent to ShipStation. The exception being a service item which will be sent to ShipStation. A log of this can be found in the orders Audit trail
Orders should always be cancelled in Linnworks. A Cancellation note will be passed to ShipStation, and the order will be marked as Cancelled. If an order gets cancelled in ShipStation instead, Linnworks will not receive an update to the order status - Leaving it open and ready to process without a shipping label.
How do I Split or Merge Orders?
Order splitting and merging can be performed in Linnworks at any time before an order is processed in ShipStation. If an order is split/merged in ShipStation, however, shipping information may not get correctly passed back to the Linnworks order(s).
It is important to remember that split and merged orders do not inherit the folder assigned to the parent order. Once an order is split or merged, it should be re-assigned to the appropriate folder if required.
How are Order/Item Dimensions handled?
Sending dimensions to ShipStation is not supported by Linnworks.net at this time.
However, the product dimensions can be configured once the products are imported into ShipStation as part of an order. This is done by going to the Products page at the top of the ShipStation configuration page, and double-clicking a product. Please note, these settings are only applied to single-item orders.