Royal Mail OBA - Edit Services
This guide covers parts of the Edit Services screen that are specific to your Royal Mail shipping integration
Table of Contents
Linnworks.net aims to make managing courier shipping services as simple as possible, regardless of what courier you are using.
This is why everything you should need to manage your Royal Mail shipping services can be found using the following generic service editing guide.
Linnworks allows you to print labels for the following Royal Mail Shipping services:
Some courier services allow you to configure options that are specific to that courier. To configure shipping service options for Royal Mail Shipping services, follow the guide below.
Editing shipping service options
- Go to Shipping > Integrations
- Click on the Services button in line with your Royal Mail integration
- Find the service that you want to edit, and click the Edit button
- Service Level:
- Overwrite service level: leave this at the default value unless instructed to change it by Royal Mail.
- 2D Barcode:
- Enabled (Default): the 2D Confirmation code will be saved in the tracking number field of an order a subsequently submitted to sales channels if the Despatch Notes option is enabled.
- Disabled: Only valid tracking numbers are saved in the tracking number field of the order. The 2D Confirmation code is still saved in the manifest.
- Saturday Guaranteed: For a small fee, Post Offices throughout the UK will accept your items on Friday for by 9 am, or by 1 pm next day delivery on Saturday with inclusive tracking and signature on delivery.
- Only available for Special Delivery Services.
- Up to 2kg using Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9 am and up to 20kg using Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1 pm.
- Notification: (also only applies to Special Delivery Services):
- Email notification
- SMS notification
Both (emails and texts) are not sent by Linnworks and will be enabled by default.
- Default Weight: this value will be used if the order weight will equal 0. Please specify the numeric value only - weight unit (in grams) will be added to the value automatically.
- Always Use Default Weight: when this option is ticked, the default weight value will be applied to every order printed with this service.
- Pick List:
- Print Pick List: when ticked, a pick list with order items will be automatically printed after the shipping label in a predefined format. This format cannot be adjusted unlike a regular Pick list set up in Template designer.
- Pick List Format: picklists can be printed in Landscape or Portrait format.
- Print CN22: when ticking this option, a CN22 form will be printed and populated automatically for the order, if the Shipping Country will require the CN22 form and will go through Customs. The form will print straight after the shipping label. When unticked, the form will not print automatically after the label even if it is required.
- CN22 Shipment Type: OTHER, DOCUMENTS, SAMPLE, GIFT
- Use Signature: tick the box, if you wish for the next field to be printed on the CN22 automatically.
- Signature: the name/surname you wish to have printed on the CN22.
- International Shipping Details (section will only appear for International Services via Edit button):
- Default HS Tariff Code
- Default Country of Origin
Both will only be used if item extended properties and order extended properties that contain tariff codes and country of manufacture will be missing.