Virtual Printer is a desktop utility to allow Linnworks.net to send jobs (e.g. invoices and shipping labels) directly to a printer without the need for a preview to be displayed in the browser which is standard behaviour for printing from a browser.
Using a virtual printer will also improve efficiency, as you will be able to assign specific printers to different printing templates (invoice / pick list/ etc). As an example this will allow a Linnworks.net user to select multiple orders requiring different printers and print them at the same time.
Table of Contents
- Accessing Virtual Printer
- Virtual Printer Screen Overview
- Using Virtual Printer with Template Designer
- Using Virtual Printer for Shipping
Accessing Virtual Printer
- Select Settings > General Settings
- Select the Virtual Printer tab
Virtual Printer Screen Overview
The Virtual Printer screen is used to download the Virtual Printer desktop application as well as manage all of the virtual printers that are associated with your Linnworks account.
- Download Virtual Printer - use this option to download the windows Virtual Printer client application, please see the full guide here
- Delete - Highlight the printer you wish to remove from your available printers and click the delete button. This would typically be used if a Pc used by Virtual Printer has been permanently removed from your network and therefore the printers associated with it are no longer available
|Location Name||The name of the Pc on which the Virtual Printer can be found|
|Printer Name||The name given as the Printer Network Name via the Virtual Printer client|
|Status||This has 2 states (OFFLINE / ONLINE) to represent the accessibility of the printer over the network|