Table of Contents
- To access the System page, go to Settings > General Settings
- Click on the System tab
The Password policy section of the system screen can be used to create your own password policy that affects every user that has access to your Linnworks.net system.
This option allows you to set how complex a user's password should be. The following complexities can be chosen:
- No complexity: No password complexity is enforced, and the user can choose any password they wish.
- example: pass
- Basic: The password must be at least 8 characters long
- example: password
- Normal: The password must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least 2 numeric characters.
- example: password12
- Strong: The password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least 2 numeric characters, two lower case letters, and 2 upper case letters.
- example: PassWord12
- Complex: The password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least 2 numeric characters, two lower case letters, 2 upper case letters, and 2 special characters.
- example: PassWord12!?
This option allows you to set how often a user has to change their password. Use the On/Off toggle to enable or disable this feature, and use the input field provided to set the number of days a user's password is valid for. Once the age (in days) of the password exceeds the specified value, the user will be prompted to change their password.
When this option is on, users that are prompted to change their password cannot choose a password that matches any of the 10 most recent passwords they have used.
A Linnworks user can be granted access to multiple Linnworks.net systems at once, all using the same password. Because different Linnworks.net accounts can have conflicting password policies, the password will be scrutinized the following way:
- Complexity: Passwords will always have to adhere to the highest level of complexity applied to the user, regardless of what system is being logged into. For example, if a user has access to an account with a Basic complexity policy, and another with a Strong complexity policy, the password for the user will have to meet the Strong complexity requirements.
- Password Expiry: Passwords will always have to adhere to the expiry time of the account that is being logged into. Changing a password will reset its age for every account. For example, if a user has access to an account with a 10-day expiry policy, and another with a 20-day expiry policy, the user will be prompted to change their password after 10 days when logging into the first account, and this reset will also be recognised by the second account.
- Password Repeat: Passwords will always adhere to password repeat if it has been enabled for an account that they have access to, even if only one account requires unique passwords.
A system reset will remove all data from your Linnworks database, including all of your inventory items, channel integrations, shipping integrations, orders, installed applications, users and all your settings.
Please be aware that only Account Holders will be able to access to System tab and perform the reset by logging in. To reset your system, please do the following:
- Go to Settings and select General Settings
- Open the System Tab
- Enter your registered account holder credentials and click Reset System
- A popup warning message will display. Click Yes to proceed
- The process will take a couple of minutes and the System Reset will be completed
By using this feature Linnworks.net perform the following tasks:
- Create a Backup - A full back up of your current database.
- Unsubscribe all your notification services - All running services such as eBay notifications, Import / Export events and order/inventory synchronisation will be disabled
- System reset - A clean database (including dummy data) will be restored
- After your database has been restored you will need to refresh your browser and log in using the registered Account holder credentials.
Please note! This backup of your current system will be available for 30 days, if you need to restore it only Tech Support will be able to do so. Channel integrations, Shipping integrations and Applications will need to be re-integrated and re-installed after the reset.
Purge and obfuscate data
The purge and obfuscate data tool is designed to help Linnworks users handle data deletion requests from customers in line with the GDPR’s right to erasure. This tool gives four optionsfor dealing with customer request in regards to deletion of their personal data:
- Purge orders and customer info to a date
- Obfuscate customer info to a date
- Search customer data
- External access token
To access purge or obfuscate data functionality you must be an account holder. Go to Settings > General settings > System, enter the credentials of the main user and click Authorize.
Purge orders and customer info to a date
Use Purge orders and customer info to a date to delete (permanently erase and remove) data from the system. The start date will be set either to the date of the previous data purge or to the received date of your earliest order in the system. Select the date carefully as the data will not be recoverable.
Obfuscate customer info to a date
Use Obfuscate customer info to a date to encrypt all customer data up to a certain point in time. This method will replace the customer name, the first line of their address, email and phone number, with random characters (i.e. ****). It will also delete billing details for all orders, email communications, related order notes and the audit trail. Select the date carefully as the data will not be recoverable.
Search customer data
Use Search customer data if you need to be more specific or to work with more recent orders. To obfuscate data for a given customer you can easily find all entries in the system related to a customer.
This search can be performed using:
- Customer name
- Business name
- A first line of the address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Channel buyer name or reference
Select the customer carefully as the data will not be recoverable.
External access token
Linnworks is equipped to handle any access requests from third parties that you may appoint to manage the deletion of customer data. Use External access token should you wish for a third-party provider to access your data from within Linnworks, create an API token to enable the data purge methods to be executed from third-party applications.
The token can be revoked at any time and created again if required.