How to import a file from your computer
I have a CSV file of information on my PC that I want to import into Linnworks
One of the key features of data imports in Linnworks.net is the ability to schedule imports to run at specific times or frequency. However, there may be times where you want the information uploaded once or you do not have access to an online file storage solution like an FTP server or dropbox.
The following guide will walk through the steps of importing a CSV file from your computer
- In Linnworks.net, navigate to Settings > Import & Export Data > Import Data
- Click Import Now
- Select the appropriate Import Type
- Give the import a name, so that it can be recognised in the list. Alternatively, use the default name given by Linnworks
- Click Next
- Click the Local Template button and find the file on your computer
- Linnworks will read the file and display the column mapping data below
- Complete the column mapping
- Click Run Now
Please note! Scheduled Import type imports can be set up without a schedule, so they run when you request it, but they require the file to be hosted either on an FTP server, via a publicly visible web link (HTTP) or using Dropbox.
Further Knowledge Base Articles
Click here to see more Data Import and Export related knowledge base articles.