Channel Integration - Key Concepts
Channel integration is a way of connecting Linnworks directly to an online selling marketplace or cart such that Linnworks can manage orders on your behalf. The following guide will give an overview of the Channel Integration page and define some key terms and capabilities of Linnworks Channel Integrations.
Table of Contents
- Sales Channels in Linnworks
- Accessing the Channel Integration Screen
- Channel Integration Screen Overview
Sales Channels in Linnworks
A Channel is either a website platform, shopping cart, or online marketplace that you receive orders through. Linnworks integrates with a range of channels, and documentation on each one can be found on the Channels page. Depending on the level of integration with the channel, Linnworks can usually perform the following actions:
- Download orders from the channel in one place
- Mark orders as shipped on the channel
- Upload shipping service data and tracking numbers to the channel
- Updates inventory levels to match inventory level in Linnworks
- Dynamically ends and relists listings
- Hides listings on an e-commerce website if you run out of stock
In addition to this, Linnworks also has the ability to directly list to certain channels. For more information on this, please see out Listing Management documentation.
Accessing the Channel Integration Screen
Channel Integration Screen Overview
- Add New: Clicking this will open the channel integration wizard.
- Delete: This feature deletes the channel from your database
- Deleting a channel removes all listing templates, configurators and linking information associated with the channel.
- Deleting a channel does not remove titles, descriptions or pricing specific to the channel nor extended properties used by that channel.
|Column Name / Icon||Description|
|Channel Icon||This icon displays which sales channel this integration is associated with.|
|Channel Name||This is the name used to identify the specific integration in Linnworks, also known as the SubSource. Depending on the channel integration, some SubSources are set by Linnworks and some can be defined when the channel is integrated. It is not possible to edit the name of the channel once it has been integrated.|
|Enabled||This button toggles between Enabled and Disabled when clicked. When a channel is Enabled, Linnworks will attempt to communicate with the channel to download orders and other functions in line with what is specified in the channel config. When disabled, no communication will occur between Linnworks and the sales channel.|
|Inventory Sync||This button toggles between Enabled and Disabled when clicked. When Enabled, Linnworks will attempt to submit inventory updates to the channel when the stock in Linnworks is altered. When disabled, Linnworks will not send any stock information to the sales channel.|
|Clicking this icon will open the channel configuration menu. The content of this menu will differ, depending on what sales channel is being configured. For more information about the settings in this menu, please see the Configure page of the relevant channel integration.|
|Clicking this icon will open the Inventory Mapping screen. Inventory mapping allows you to link items listed on your sales channel with stock items in your Linnworks database. Please note that not all sales channels support Inventory Mapping.|
|Clicking this icon will open the Payment Mapping screen. Payment mapping allows you to link what a sales channel reports as the payment method to a Linnworks Payment method. This allows you to produce financial reports based on standardised data. Please note that not all sales channels support Payment Mapping.|
|Clicking this icon will open the Shipping Mapping screen. Shipping mapping allows you to link the shipping method that the customer can request from your listing and assign it to a Linnworks Postal Service. Please note that not all sales channels support Payment Mapping.|