The Automation Logs can be used to check on the status of the system during a given time period, for a specific Selling Channel (Job Category), and can be filtered for log entries that only report errors to allow identification of any areas that may be of concern. The information in the Automation Logs can also assist in checking if any reported issues originate within Linnworks, or with an external system, to ensure the customer will be able to get in touch with the correct support team.
The basic method to look up the details of any job type, on any Selling Channel, remains the same. The user must decide which Selling Channel (eBay, Amazon, Rakuten, etс) they wish to investigate, and which of the Job Types (Dispatch Notification, Inventory, Order Sync etс) they want to focus on.
The Automation sync screen defaults to the current day's date as From and To dates, with the Job Category set to All and the Job Type unselected, thus presenting a summary of the activity that day.
- Select Settings > Automation Logs.
- Select the Job Category and Job Type to Review.
- Set the Date Range to review and status if required.
- If that Job Type has run, the information will be displayed. Open the record to investigate.
- Select an Action to see more information.
- Return to the Automation Log screen when finished.
1 Select Settings > Automation Logs.
- In the navigation menu on the left side of the screen, click on Settings.
- Under Settings, select Automation Logs.
2 Select the Job Category and Job Type to review.
- Left-click the Job Category field to open a selectable list of available Selling Channels or category.
- Choose the correct category.
- Left-click the Job Type field to open another selectable list of available options.
- Choose the correct Job Type.
- The list will update to reflect the changed options.
3 Set the Status and Date Range to review.
- Select a status under the Status dropdown (eg: With Errors) or leave it on 'All'.
- Click on the Calendar button next to the Date range.
- Select a date range on the right-hand side (this generally allows for the last 14 days).
- Alternatively, click the date on the calendar as a from point, and then select another date as the end of the date range.
- Click Search.
4 Investigate the record.
- Double click the appropriate result line in the table to open it.
- The View Job Logs Screen displays the status dropdown and the parameters for the list below it.
- The Logs column contains buttons to get more details. there will always be a View Log button, and if any errors occurred then a button will show to allow them to be reviewed.
- The View Log link will allow you to view and download a CSV version of the log.
- The Errors link contains the actual error received for that job.
When searching in the Automation logs, enable the Show only with Errors control. This will filter out all the jobs that completed without warnings or messages.
- Show all jobs.
- Show only jobs with Errors.