Configurator hosts common details of a listing such as listing attributes like condition, brand, currency, variation attributes like size, color, categories the listing will be submitted to, site the listing will be created on etc. From the Amazon Configurators screen it is possible to add, edit, delete and duplicate configurators.
Please Note! Amazon Japan doesn't support listing functionality and therefore listing creation is not possible for this marketplace.
Table of Contents
- Quick Guide
- Detailed Guide
- Create a New Configurator
- Define Configurator General Settings
- Specify Shipping Services and Shipping Costs
- Allocate Browse Nodes
- Specify Attributes to be Used in Listings
- Specify Attributes to be Used in Variation Listings
- Specify Listing Type(s) to be created
- Revise Configurator (if required)
- Duplicate Configurator (if required)
- Delete Configurator (if required)
Amazon channel must be integrated in Linnworks.
- Create a new configurator
- Define configurator's general settings
- Specify shipping services and shipping costs
- Allocate browse nodes for the listings
- Specify attributes to be used in listings
- Add attributes for variations (only for variation products)
- Revise configurator (if required)
- Duplicate Configurator (if required)
- Delete Configurator (if required)
Create a New Configurator
To create a new configurator, go to:
- Linnworks.net > Settings > Configurators > Amazon;
- Click Add New button.
Regardless of what channel you are making a configurator for, you can change what data columns are visible on the configurator screen
- Right clicking the column headers will display a pop up menu with a list of all available columns
- Scrolling to the bottom of this menu shows the "Force Fit Columns" option
- Ticking this option will dynamically resize the columns so that they fit within the browser window without a scroll bar
- Alternatively, you can click the button and then Choose Columns to access the column chooser
Define Configurator General Settings
- Click on the cell in the Name column to input configurator name;
- Click on the cell in the Site column to select the site from the drop-down box;
- Click on the cell in the Category column to select the category from the drop-down box;
- Click on the cell in the Subtype column to select the category from the drop-down box;
- Save changes.
Specify Shipping Services and Shipping Costs
There are multiple ways to define shipping on Amazon. In Linnworks it is possible to either use Merchant Shipping Group, Shipping Overrides, Simple Options or Default. To access the shipping settings of the configurator, click the Default button in the column
Premium Shipping Options
Please note! Currently, access to Premium Shipping Options is limited by Amazon. You have to Opt-In on Amazon Seller Central to use the functionality, more information is available from Amazon here (login required). This feature replaces Shipping Overrides. If you are offering includes Amazon Prime orders please refer to the following article on how to identify Amazon Prime orders in Open Orders
- Set up templates on your Amazon Seller Central, the template names will be used in the following steps
- Each configurator can either have a default value or be set on a per SKU basis from an Extended Property
- If you wish to have every listing, that uses this configurator, to use one shipping template; double click the icon and enter the Amazon Merchant Shipping Group Name
- Alternatively, if you want SKUs using this configurator to be set on a per SKU basis, create an item extended property on each SKU with type Attribute and a Value set to the Merchant Shipping Group Name you wish to use for that SKU
- Click the icon and select the item extended property defined for your Merchant Shipping Group Name
- Where you define both an Extended Property and a Default Value, the Extended Property will always be used if it exists on the SKU
- Click Save
Shipping Override Options
- Select Default option to use default account-level shipping settings for all products listed using given configurator.
- Select Simple Options to select Ship Internationally and Expedited Shipping options that differ from your default shipping services. Items listed using given configurator will have the selected shipping options.
- Select Shipping Override to create specific shipping rules for products that will be listed using given configurator.
- Click Add New button to add Shipping service to the configurator;
- Click on the shipping service name to select the required shipping service from the drop-down list;
- Service Level will be matched to each Shipping Option automatically;
- In the Cost field enter a value that will be used as a shipping cost when no extended property is selected to specify shipping cost;
- From the Extended Property drop-down list select extended property for Amazon shipping cost that has been assigned to inventory items (if any);
- From the Type drop-down box select the shipping cost type:
- Exclusive - replaces current account-level shipping charge with a completely new shipping charge for one SKU;
- Additive - adds an extra charge to current account-level shipping charge for one SKU;
- Tick Is Restricted to exclude the selected shipping service from the listing.
Note that if a shipping option is not selected in Linnworks.net, then settings selected in the Amazon account for this shipping method will be used in listings. This is why in order to exclude such shipping service Is Restricted option has to be selected.
- Click Save
Allocate Browse Nodes
- Click on the Browse Node button;
- Select browse nodes that will be used when using this configurator by clicking "+" sign;
- Tick Default box against browse nodes to set the nodes as default for the items where extended property for browse node is not added. Maximum 2 browse nodes can be marked as default;
- In the Extended property for first browse node drop-down box select the extended property for first and second browse nodes, if such are added to inventory items.
Specify Attributes to be Used in Listings
Fields in the Attributes section are retrieved from Amazon. Those with the red mark are required to be filled by Amazon. It is also possible add additional attributes to be included in the product listing and map to the Extended Property or specify default value. Recommended attributes are marked with yellow color and gray marked are optional attributes.
- Click button in the Attributes column, which will bring up the screen;
- Here you can use the ''+'' symbol from the bottom screen to bring up attributes directly from Amazon into your configurator. You can make use of the search functionality to find optional attributes;
- If extended properties have been used to specify values for the attributes, select the respective extended property for each attribute from the Extended Property drop-down box;
- Enter the default value to be used when items have no extended property for the attribute assigned;
- (Use only if required and for variation listings only) Tick Is Variation against the attribute to mark the attribute as variation attribute. This will assign the marked attributes to variation products.
Specify Attributes to be Used in Variation Listings
- Click button in the Variations section, which will bring up the Variation Attributes screen;
- If main item of the variation group has an extended property for variation item title, map it with Extended property for variation title. Otherwise Variation Group Name will be used as the variation title;
- Select the desired variation theme from the Selected variation theme drop-down box. This will add variation attributes to the Variations window;
- Variation Themes are set by Amazon and will vary depending on the categories being listed to
- Linnworks fetches the available variation themes directly from Amazon. If you have problems listing then please try and list the variation through seller central to confirm that the variation theme is supported as they have been known to change without updating 3rd party resources
- From the Extended Property drop-down box select the extended property for each variation attribute added to each item of the variation group;
- In the Default Value cell add a value to be used when a variation item has no extended property for variation attribute.
Specify Listing Type(s) to be created
Amazon has 2 types of the listings: MFN and FBA. If there are one or more Amazon accounts integrated into Linnworks that have FBA, there will be an additional column "Fulfilment". It gives an option to specify if you would like to create automatically only FBA or MFN listings or both at the same time:
- If BOTH is selected Linnworks will create two templates: MFN and FBA (Channel SKUs will be SKU & SKU_FBA).
- If NONE is selected Linnworks will create a default, MFN listings.
Another option is to specify a type of listing for the item via Extended Property that should be added to the items. The extended property name can be any but the value should be FBA, MFN or BOTH. Same as in other parts of the system, Extended Property has priority over Fulfillment type selected above in the drop-down menu and will be taken when creating the listing.
Revise Configurator (if required)
If the information in the Amazon configurator has been changed and needs to be updated on the channel, use the Revise configurator option. During revision, each listing associated with the configurator will be updated.
- Select the configurator to be revised;
- Click the small gear wheel button in the top right corner of the Amazon Configurators screen;
- Review the information about the selected listings (total number of listings and variations to be revised) before revising the listings;
- Tick check-boxes against the parameters to be updated on all the selected listings;
- Click Revise button.
Duplicate Configurator (if required)
Linnworks.net offers the possibility to duplicate configurators to save time when there is a need to create several identical configurators which differ slightly. E.g. if you need to have identical configurators for one and the same site and category, it is faster to duplicate a configurator and alter it than create a brand new configurator. When duplicated configurator is created, "(0)" is added to the end of the configurator's title. This title can be edited.
- Select the configurator to be duplicated;
- Click Duplicate button at the top of the Amazon Configurators screen;
- Duplicated configurator will appear at the bottom of the Amazon Configurators screen;
- Alter the settings of the configurator.
Delete Configurator (if required)
If for any reason you would like to delete the configurators you don't need anymore, you can click the Delete button to completely delete the configurator. The only thing that you would need to confirm, is that there should not be any templates associated with the configurator in order to delete it.
Otherwise, an alert will be thrown, stating that there are live listings/templates associated with the configurator.