Edit Product Details - General
The General Tab components and their description:
- Item number: also known as the Linnworks SKU. This field cannot be edited.
- Item title: Linnworks product title, used internally. It does not have to match titles on marketplace/store listings.
- Barcode: the barcode of the product. This can be used with several Linnworks features, like listing creation and scanning items during processing orders.
- Purchase price: the default purchase price of the product. Separate purchase prices by the supplier can be set in the Suppliers tab.
- Retail price: the default retail price for the item. Different retail prices per marketplace can be set in the Listing Descriptions tab.
- Tax: if the Country specific rate checkbox is ticked, this section will not be editable. If it is not ticked, the tax rate will be editable. The expected value is a percentage, without the per cent sign, for example, 17.5.
- Scan Serial number when processing orders: if enabled, a window for scanning the serial number will pop up when an order with this SKU is processed.
- Category: the item category can be selected from a list of existing categories. New categories can be added from the Categories sub-menu. These are internal Linnworks categories which are not linked to any categories on marketplaces. For more details please see this documentation.
- Batch type: you can mark an item as batched and select a suitable batch type from the drop-down list: None, Ordered by sell date or Ordered by priority sequence. For more details please refer to this documentation.
- Scan batch number when processing orders: (only visible for batched items) if enabled, a window for scanning the serial number will pop up when an order with this SKU is processed, and you will not be able to process the order unless you scan/enter the batch number.
- Metadata: the default item description for the product.
Editing in bulk
You can edit inventory attributes for many SKUs in bulk via an Inventory Import.