Use locations and set them to function as a fulfilment centre (FC) when it is owned and operated by a third-party who despatches orders on your behalf using its own picking and packing staff as well as their own preferred couriers. In Linnworks you can:
- Import stock levels from your FC.
- Export open orders to be fulfiled by FC.
- Import the status of orders to send dispatch notifications to selling channels.
Table of contents
- Add a fulfilment centre
- Edit fulfilment centre details
- Fulfilment centre automation
- Automation schedule
Add a fulfilment centre
Add a new location and tick the checkbox in the FC column to set it up as a fulfilment centre.
Edit fulfilment centre details
Got to Inventory > Locations and click the edit icon on the right side of the screen. Enter new details and click the Save button to apply changes. Use two additional settings in the edit location pop-up that are specific to fulfilment centres:
- Orders in fulfilment location affect the stock level.
- Fulfilment centre order process will deduct stock level.
By default, these options are unchecked. Leave these settings unchecked if you are importing stock levels from your FC on a regular basis using FC automation options.
Fulfilment centre automation
Use FC automation to set up:
- The fulfilment centre inventory import - to import stock level from your FC.
- The fulfilment centre orders export - to export open orders to be fulfiled by the FC.
- The fulfilment centre orders statuses import - to import the status of orders from the FC.
Go to Inventory > Locations and click the Automation button. Click the edit icon to select the automation import/export you wish to set up.
Set up the appropriate import/export by following steps described in the guides below:
- Creating an import - start from step 4 as the previous steps are predefined for FC imports.
- Creating an export - click the Next button and continue from step 4 as the name and type are predefined for FC exports.
Once completed, make sure that the import/export is enabled.
You can delete settings that you have created by clicking the delete icon.
Use the automation schedule to run FC imports or exports automatically at a certain time of the day on an everyday basis. Use the schedule section in the import/export setup to add it.