Table of Contents
- Accessing the Screen
- Selecting a Location
- Searching for a Stock Item
- Viewing Item Information
- Scrapping Stock Items
- Scrap History
Accessing the Screen
The Scrap Item screen can be found as follows
- Select Inventory > Select Scrap Item
If you have stock in more than one location (Warehouse) in Linnworks, use the Location Dropdown List to choose which location you wish to scrap the stock item from.
- Use the drop down menu located in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the location you wish to use
- By default, this will be the location that is associated with the user currently logged into the system as defined by the My Location setting in General Settings.
To search Stock items there are 2 methods available to find the correct Linnworks Inventory item that you wish to scrap:
This is designed to be used where you know either the Linnworks Item Number (SKU) or the Linnworks Barcode for the item you are looking for. Use the text box at the top left of the screen to either scan or type the required Linnworks SKU or Barcode; when typing pressing the Enter key Linnworks will automatically invoke the search. The system will then return the Linnworks stock item if an Exact Match has been found. If the value that you searched for doesn't match a stock item, no search results will be returned.
If you don't know the exact SKU or Barcode of the item you are booking in, click on 'find via Inventory Lookup', to perform a new search. All the results that match the value you searched for will be displayed in a window, and you can select the correct stock item from that list.
Once an item has been found, Linnworks will display the following item information:
- The Primary Image if one exists
- Linnwork SKU (Item Number) and Linnworks Item Title
- Barcode, Stock Level and In Open Orders for the location you have selected
- Batch Number (only for batched items): Allows you to select the Batch Number for the stock item that you want to scrap for the location you are currently viewing
- Bin/Rack (only for batched items): Allows you to select the physical position in the warehouse that the item is stored in for the location you are currently viewing
- Scrap quantity: Allows you to enter the number of the stock item that you wish to scrap which is set to 1 by Default. The quantity of scrapped items which should be greater than zero and less (or equal) than the stock level in the chosen location
- Scrap Category: Allows you to create scrap categories and/or select from the drop-down list under which Scrap category you want to scrap your stock item
- Scrap Reason: Allows you to specify more in detail the reasons for scrapping the item and/or description of damage (max of 600 characters)
The user will be able to set a Scrap Category which specifies a type of damage for instance Partially damaged, Broken ... The user will be also able to select the Scrap Category from the existing category list or add the new one.
Add a New category
- Click on the button
- Enter the Category Name that you want to add
- Click the 'Add New' button
- Click 'Close'
- New Category will be displayed and available to be selected from the drop-down list
Delete a Category
- Click on the button
- Select the Scrap Category you want to delete
- Click the 'Delete' button
- Click 'Close'
The final stage is to Scrap the inventory item, in the selected location. This can be achieved by:
- Clicking the 'Scrap Item' button
Scrap history will show a list of all scrapped items in the current location. The grid is not editable however it can be filterable using the icon.
The Grid will display, for all items, all historic details such as:
- SKU (Item number)
- Item title
- Scrap Quantity
- Scrap Category
- Scrap Reason
- Date Scrapped
- Scrap Total Cost