Edit Product Details - Inventory
The Inventory page shows a list of physical locations for the SKU with the ability to define a location for each warehouse that is added to Linnworks. Effectively this is the slot position on the shelf where the item is located and would be used when picking items for orders or booking stock in. If the item is batched, this page will show all the batch information for the SKU, such as Batch Number, sell and expire dates, Status, Bin/Rack where these batches are placed in the selected Location, Quantities and the Value.
Please Note! Dependent on the item if it is batched or non-batched the screen will differ.
- Select Location for which you want to ad Bin/Rack, Level and Value
- Double-click the line to add details
- Click Save
Only 1 Bin/Rack can be created for the item per Location.
- Location: use this option to change the site to show stock levels at different locations
- Add New: use this option to add a new Batch to the item
- Delete: use this option to delete the highlighted Batch
The main grid is a table of Batches that are added to this Item. The information displayed can be altered in a number of ways: Editing a single Batch or in Bulk (see below).
The following table is an overview of the available columns. All columns relating to batches are the batches at the location selected in the Location drop-down box.
|Bin/Rack||This is the physical location of the batch in the current warehouse as selected in the Location dropdown||YES|
This column shows all Batches associated with the current Item
|Status||The status given to the Batch. It could be Available, Restricted, Damaged or Expired depending on its Expire and Sell by dates. Restricted and Damaged Status can be selected at any time by the user independently of the dates||YES|
|Expires On||Refers to the date when this Batch will be no longer be available to be assigned to any order||YES|
|Sell By||Refers to the date when this Batch should be sold by||YES|
|Start Level||This is the initial level of the batch when it is created||NO|
This is the actual stock, which is calculated as the Start level minus quantity reserved for open orders or already sold. This level is the value that is used when updating stock level however only levels from AVAILABLE Batches are going to be used to update the stock level for the SKU
|Value||This column will show you the total value of the Batch based on the quantity held in level and its unit cost||YES|
Adding New Batch
- Click Add New
- A New Batch window will display
- Enter the correct values for the New batch:
- Batch Number: It needs to be unique
- Sell By
- Expires On
- The sell-by date cannot be older than the expiry date
- Bin/rack: Remember that only one Bin rack per item, status and batch number is allowed
- Quantity: Quantity of items for this Batch
- Unit Cost: Unit Cost per item of this batch
- Status: Remember that the status of the batch will be determined by the Sell and Expire dates
- Available - Sell By and Expire On have not been reached yet (Eg. Sell By 20/06/2017 and Expire On 21/06/2017 - Now: 21/05/2017)
- Expired - Sell by and Expire On have been reached (Eg. Sell By 19/06/2017 and Expire On: 20/06/2017 - Now: 21/06/2017)
- Restricted - When Expire On date has not been reached yet whereas Sell by has already (Eg. Sell By 20/06/2017 and Expire On: 25/06/2017 - Now: 21/06/2017)
- Damaged - The dates will not determine it. The user will be able to set a Batch as Damaged any time.
- Click Add to create the new batch or Save
- Click the appropriate entry to highlight it
- Click Delete
- Click Save
Editing Batch Details
- Click the cell to be edited
- The text/value will be highlighted
- Remember that Batch No. and Start Level are not editable (see table above)
- Enter new text/value and press Enter
- Click Save
Editing in Bulk
Batch information can be added to Linnworks SKUs in bulk via CSV file import using Stock Level - Batch. For more information, please see this guide.