My Inventory Overview
In Linnworks.net the My Inventory page can be customised to display/edit / add SKUs based on a number of different filters. In addition to this, SKUs can be listed directly to supported channels from the My Inventory screen.
Table of Contents
Accessing the My Inventory Screen
My Inventory Screen Overview
- Locations Dropdown: use this option to change the My Inventory screen to show stock levels at a different location or combined (all) locations
- Add New: use this option to add a new SKU to Linnworks
- Delete: use this option to delete the highlighted SKU
- : clicking this will show a menu with the following options
The main grid is a table of SKUs that have been added to Linnworks. The information displayed can be altered in a number of ways, either by using the search function, placing limits on displayed content and columns via the view options or applying filters to the columns individually. Double-clicking on a column header will change the sort direction for that column, which is saved to the view. For more information on this, please see our working with views documentation.
The following table is an overview of the available columns, please note that not all columns are displayed by default. Adding additional columns can be done by editing the view. For information on working with views, please see this guide. It should be noted that all columns relating to stock holding are the level at the location selected in the Location drop-down box. The location dropdown box is explained further in the Buttons section below.
|SKU||This column shows all SKUs (the unique item number for a product) that apply to the current search terms or filtering, including variation parents|
|Title||This is the title given to the SKU|
|Variation Group Name||This column shows the Name of the Variation Group where the selected SKU belongs|
|Barcode||This is the barcode that has been assigned to the stock item|
|Retail||This is the default retail price of the SKU|
|Purchase||This is the purchase price of the SKU from a supplier|
This is the available stock, which is calculated as the total stock minus stock reserved for open orders. The available level is the value that is used when updating the stock level on a sales channel.
|Level||This is the physical stock holding without adjustment for stock in open orders. Please note that this is NOT editable for batched items, composite parent SKUs, fulfilment centres, FBA locations, or when the Location is set to Combined stock|
|Minimum Level||This is the value at which SKUs will show as having low stock. For composite parent items, this is set to -1. For further information on composites, please see this guide|
|Category||This is the category assigned to the SKU. Linnworks categories are completely internal to the system and have no effect on your listings. Categories are simply an easy way to group similar stock items. For more details on Linnworks categories please refer to the following guide|
|In Open Orders||
The number of this SKU currently assigned to unprocessed orders
|Due||This is the number of this SKU that is on order to this location, either as a result of a Warehouse Transfer or Purchase Order|
|BinRack||This is the physical location of the stock item in the current warehouse as selected in the Location dropdown. This is not displayed when Combined stock is selected.|
|Channels||Additional columns can be added for any integrated channels that are capable of listing from the My Inventory. For more information on this, please this guide||
|Tracked||By default stock items are set to track, this can be toggled to untracked globally or by location. This feature is generally used for keeping track of compositions but can also be used on singular stock items.
Please Note! When viewing the Combined Stock location, there will be no circle icons displayed, as the tracked status may be different in different locations.
When Batching is enabled this column is not editable.
|Stock Value||This column will show you the total value of the stock based on the quantity held in stock level and the unit cost for this item. See our guide for Calculation Stock value for further information|
|Image||This is a thumbnail of the main image assigned to the stock item. Hovering over the image will show a larger version in a pop-up view. If no image has been added to the stock item, a placeholder image is shown:||
Clicking will open the add image dialogue
|Weight||The defined weight for the stock item (found on the Postage Definition Tab). The unit of measurement is set by your default General settings for Weight|
|Height||The defined height for the stock item (found on the Postage Definition Tab). The unit of measurement is set by your default General settings for Dimension|
|Width||The dimension of the item (found on the Postage Definition Tab). The unit of measurement is set by your default General settings for Dimension|
|Depth||The defined depth for the stock item (found on the Postage Definition Tab). The unit of measurement is set by your default General settings for Dimension|
|Variation Group Name||Displays the Variation Group Name of the selected SKUs where applicable.|
Displays the date when the stock item was created with a DD MM YYYY format. The column can be sorted by double-clicking on the header (sorting by Ascending or Descending). The filtering option is also available ().
|Modified Date||Displays the date when the stock item was modified with a DD MM YYYY format. The column can be sorted by double-clicking on the header (sorting by Ascending or Descending). The filtering option is also available ().|
|Serial Number Scan required||If the SKU is a batch item, a checkbox will appear ticked or unticked depending if the item has the option enable or not. See our documentation on how to enable this option here|
|Batch Number Scan required||If the SKU is a batch item, a checkbox will appear ticked or unticked depending if the item has the option enable or not. See our documentation on how to enable this option here|
This column will display the Batch Type for the stock item. A drop-down list will be able to change the Type of Batch or to convert the item into a non-batched item by selecting the None option.
Please Note! This column will be empty and uneditable for Variation and Composite Parent SKUs as they cannot be set as batched items.
Clicking create will be converted the item into a Batched item creating a New Batch
|Daily Average Consumption||The total sales in the last 90 days, divided by the number of days the item was in stock. Please Note! Only orders processed in Linnworks.net will count towards this consumption figure.||
The editable column represents values that can be directly altered on the My Inventory screen by double-clicking the cell. Please note that variation groups cannot be created through the My Inventory screen. Editing the Variation Group Name for a normal stock item will not create a variation group. Please follow this guide for creating variation groups.
Right-clicking on a column will produce a menu that allows you to alter the SKU that is currently highlighted. The exception to this is right-clicking on Channel column, which gives access to linking and listing information and is covered below.
- Edit Product Details: This will open the edit item window for the highlighted SKU
- Duplicate Item: This will make a copy of the SKU as a new inventory item. This can only be done with one inventory item at a time
- Archive item / Archive selected: Set the state of an item to archived
- Unarchive item / Unarchive selected: Set the state of an item to unarchived
- Add to PO: Allows to add item(s) to purchase order. Right-click the selected row(s) > select the supplier that the PO will be raised against. A supplier may be selected manually, or the Assigned Supplier option can be selected in order to raise the PO against the item’s default supplier. Once selected, you will be re-directed to the Purchase Order screen.
- Print labels: Print stock item labels
- Scrap Item: click to mark the item as scrap. You will be re-directed to the Scrap Items screen to add more details about the damage of the item.
More information on these options is available here
Please Note! All SKUs in the Inventory View can be selected by pressing 'Ctrl+A'
Listing via the My Inventory inventory screen can be done with a number of channels. For more information on the process, please see this guide. With the Channels column added to a My Inventory view, it is possible to right-click this column for a particular SKU and either create or revise listings. Whilst other channels that do not support listing through My Inventory can be added, they will only display the number of listings linked to this SKU, on that channel. The following is a brief overview of the options available from this right-click menu:
- Edit <Channel> listing(s): This opens the Templates screen for the selected channel
- Create listing on <Channel> Hovering over this option will open a submenu which lists available configurators
- Show all errors: Clicking this will open a page with all attempted listings for the sub source which failed
- Revise selected: Hovering over this option will open a submenu with the following functionality:
- Prices: Revise the price based on either the price by channel for the specific sub source, the default price by channel or the retail price of the stock item in that order of preference.
- Titles: Revise the title based on either the title by channel for the specific sub source, the default title by channel or the stock item title in that order of preference.
- Descriptions: Revise the description based on either the description by channel for the specific sub source, the default description by channel or the short description of the stock item in that order of preference.
- Attributes: If the value of any extended properties that are used in the listing has been changed in Linnworks, this option will push those changes to the live listing
- Add new attributes: If the configurator has had item specifics added, this option will add those item specifics and associated values to the template and them push those new attributes to the live listing
- Variation attributes: (Magento ONLY) This is used for Magento variation listings to update extended property values that have been changed on the item(s) in Linnworks
- Update images: This option will update the listing with images from extended properties. To update the listing with additional images stored on the stock item, please use the Edit listing(s) option
Please Note! This will replace all images on the listing with images defined in extended properties
- Custom revisions: This will allow you to update one or more of the categories above in one operation
Please Note! The options in the revised instantly menu, when clicked, will process the job as requested. However, it will do so without any feedback. If you wish to see the progress of the request, please re-open the right-click menu and select Edit <Channel> listing(s) to open the appropriate template screen
Search Dropdown: use this option to change the search parameters. The following search parameters are available:
Batch Type Returns all Linnworks SKU's for these Types of Batch
|SKU / Title / Barcode||By default SKU, Title or Barcode can be searched without using the drop-down menu. Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match across any of the 3 search parameters is found.|
|Amazon Asin||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match on the Amazon ASIN is found. This is visible in the Edit Item > Channel SKU > Settings > Show Additional Columns.|
|Barcode||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the Linnworks Stock Item Barcode field.|
|Batch Number Scan Required||Returns all Linnworks SKU's for Batched items with this option enabled. 'Yes'= Batch number scanning required / 'No'= Batch number scanning is not required.|
|Serial Number Scan Required||Returns all Linnworks SKU's with this Option enabled. 'Yes'=Serial number scanning is required / 'No'= Serial number scanning is not required.|
|Batch Type||Select the Batch Type from the drop-down list: 'All', 'None', 'Ordered by sell by date' or 'Ordered by priority Sequence'.|
|Batch Number||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the Linnworks Stock Item Batches Tab for the Batch Number associated with the item.|
|BinRack||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the Linnworks Stock Item Bin/Rack field. Note: this is not valid for "Combined Stock" location.|
|Channel SKU||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the SKU in Edit Item > Channel SKU.|
|eBay Id||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the eBay Listing ID.|
|Extended Property Name||
Choose from the drop-down list to display all Linnworks Stock Items that contain the selected Extended Property. An extra field will appear where you can set a value for a more accurate search, remember a partial match applied (Eg. ManufactureConuntryCode Value = GB, all the results will be items that contain GB as Extended Property). If the Extended Property is left in blank, clicking search will retrieve all item that contains that Extended Property.
|Main Image||Choose from the drop-down to display Linnworks SKU's that either do or do not have the main image.|
|SKU||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the Linnworks SKU field.|
|Supplier Code||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match on the Supplier SKU is found. This is visible in the Edit Item > Suppliers.|
|Title||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match is found on the Linnworks Title field.|
|Tracked||Choose from the drop-down to only display Linnworks SKU's that either tracked or not tracked; typically used to display or hide composite parent items.|
|Variation Group Name||Returns all Linnworks SKU's where a Partial Match on the Variation Name is found. This is visible in Inventory > Variations.|
Category Dropdown: A secondary dropdown field in the search parameter. The dropdown contains a pre-populated list of categories already created on the Linnworks account.
In Linnworks.net, the My Inventory screen can be heavily customised using views. For more information, please read our specific guide on working with views.
Each column in the My Inventory screen has a quick filter icon (). Clicking this will open a pop-up menu where filters can be applied to that specific column. When a filter has been applied to a column, the filter icon turns green to indicate this (). In general, the following comparators can be applied:
- Not Equals
For the Tracked, Image and Category columns, when selecting the Equals comparator, a drop-down menu is created with the options to choose either Tracked/Not Tracked, Has/Doesn't have the main image or a stock item category respectively. Batch Number Scan required and Serial Number Scan required cannot be filtered.
To clear a filter, click the icon and then click the icon to remove the filter. The filter can also be added to the Edit View menu.
Please Note! When filtering on Tracked status, Linnworks will return composite parent items, which are normally not tracked, where the child items are tracked.
Import using Drag & Drop
My Inventory screen supports drag & drop import for KTypes, Images and Extended Properties. To import a file you need to:
- Prepare a CSV file with the list of SKUs and details required for import.
- For the image import, you need images and a CSV file, please see a detailed guide in the video below.
- Select the file from your PC and drag & drop it into the My Inventory screen.
- Select import type: KTypes, Images or Extended Properties.
- Map columns in the new Import screen.
- Click Import.
Please see this video for a detailed explanation:
.01:33Drag and Drop Import