The Linnworks Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for Release Engineer to join our team in Tallinn, Estonia.
What you'll do:
- You’ll work as a part of Delivery Team, closely with the Core Team
- You’ll be proactively Managing Releases: scheduling, planning, initiating, participating in and orchestrating the release
- You’ll be in charge of Release workflow and its evolution towards CI/CD
- You will participate in various technical tasks towards automation and CI/CD
- Making sure releases are thoroughly tested
- Post-release incident management: logging incidents, organizing failure incident meetings, looking for causes & solutions for common problems together with Engineering team members
- Release related communications with internal stakeholders: with Engineering, DevOps and Tech Support teams
Skills you have:
- 3+ years of work experience as a Release Engineer (or similar)
- Technical Mind: understanding technical aspects of Releases and Development
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum particularly
- Thorough experience with JIRA: experience in configuring JIRA
- In-depth understanding of release processes in Agile / DevOps environment
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD
- Continuous Testing and Testing Pyramid concept understanding
- Deep understanding of Branching and Source Code Control approaches
- Good Communication skills: you’ll be discussing Release related topics quite often
- Being a self-starter: as a Release Manager, you’ll be leading this effort at Linnworks, meaning you’ll have to be proactive in your role
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Scrum master / Agile coach experience
- Basic coding or scripting skills
- Experience with Kibana / Grafana
- Experience with Jenkins
Our stack of technologies:
- Methodology: Agile (Scrum, XP) with DevOps Ideology
- Backend: .NET 4.6.2+ on C# (ASP.NET WebAPI, WCF, SignalR, Ninject and etc.), .NET Core 2.0+ on C# (ASP.NET Core), Docker, Node.js and etc.
- Frontend: AngularJS, RequireJS, SASS and etc.
- Scripting: PowerShell, Groovy, Python, bat and etc.
- Storage: Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (T-SQL, OLAP), AWS (DynamoDB, ElastiCache, RDS, S3 and etc.), MongoDB, InfluxDB
- AWS: EC2, VPC, ECS / EKS, ELB, Lambda, Route 53 and etc.
- IDE: Visual Studio 2017 / Rider, Visual Studio Code
- Telemetry: EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana), CloudWatch, CloudTrail Grafana, Monitis, Google Analytics, Customer Feedback
- CI / CD: Jenkins, Automated Tests (XUnit, NSubstitute, Selenium, Allure Reports)
- Work experience in creating / deploying containerized apps
- Server: Windows Server 2012 / 2016, Linux (Redhat, Amazon Linux AMI), IIS, Kestrel, Apache
- Slack, JIRA, Mercurial, G Suite, Lucidchart
- Freshdesk / Freshchat / Freshcaller, Mailchimp / Mandrill, Hubspot
To apply for the vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com
Back to All jobs