Variations screen within LinnLive allows you to see all the Variations you have created in Linnworks. Here you can search, browse, edit your variations, as well as create variation listings and adjust them. From the Variations screen you can see which variation listings are listed on your selling channels.
Each variation group has its own Parent Variation Item which can be created in Linnworks under Inventory Control -> Variation Group. For the Variation Group to be complete, it has to contain a Parent Item and Child Items.
- Click Add Variation Group (Fig. 1.1) to create a new variation group;
- In the Group Name enter the variation group name;
- In the Parent SKU enter SKU for the Variation Parent Item. Variation Parent Item is a fictional item. It stores information that will be displayed in the listing about the variation;
- Click Add Item button. A search screen will open to let you search for items in your inventory to be included in the given variation group;
- Once the required item is located, Item details (Fig. 1.2) link will appear at the bottom left. Click on it to see stock information for the item;
- To add the item in the variation group click Select button;
- Once all the required items have been added to a Variation Group, click Add button (Fig. 1.3) at the bottom of the screen to save the Variation Group;
- Variation Parent Name can later be edited, as well as child items can be deleted from and/or added to the variation group from the Variation Group screen in Linnworks;
- To edit a variation group name, click on the pen symbol to the right of the Name in the Variation Groups screen;
- To manage child items belonging to the variation group, click on the pen symbol to the right of the Variation SKU in the Variation Groups screen.
Fig 1.1 Fig 1.2 Fig 1.3
Preparing Variations for Listing
Once variation has been created as described above, Variation Parent Item can be located in the Inventory Screen in Linnworks. Locate the item using the Search field. Variation Parent Items are highlighted in green colour. Click Edit Item button to edit Variation Parent Item.
SKU and Name displayed in the Description tab are the Variation Parent Item SKU and Name which can be edited from this screen;
Purchase Price and Retail Price can be left blank as they will not be used in the listing;
Pictures added in the Product Images field will be displayed in the listing for the Parent Variation Product. Images added to the Child Variation Products will be used to illustrate each child item separately.
Listing Descriptions tab
- In the Product Titles by Channel a channel specific title can be added to be used when listing given variation name. If this field is left blank, Parent Variation Item name from the Description tab will be used in the listing;
- In the Product Description by Channel a channel specific variation description can be added. This description will appear in the variation listing. If it is left blank, Meta Data from the Description tab will be used in the listing;
- Product Pricing by channel will not be used in the listing and can be left blank.
Extended Properties tab is where you add extended properties for your variation listing. These are non-variant attributes like variation product condition, its specifics like material, brand etc.
This tab displays change log for given Variation Parent Product.
Once variation groups have been set up in Linnworks, open LinnLive, navigate to the Variations screen and click Search for the system to to show all your variation groups. The system will load the list of all variation products existing in your system. Maximum 500 items can be shown per page. You can browse through the pages from the bottom part of the screen.
Top row of the screen (Fig. 1.1) provides information on the amount of listings that have been processed (green), amount of listings that will be processed in the next batch (blue) and amount of listings that could not be processed due to error(s).
Counter in this row indicates how many minutes is left until the next batch job will be sent to process listings.
Settings button allows you to select stock location the quantity of stock items will be derived from (Fig. 1.2)
Fig 1.1 Fig 1.2 Fig 1.3
Category - if your inventory items are assigned to different categories in Linnworks, you can limit variations search in LinnLive to only display variations, which have at least one item belonging to a certain category. Clicking on down-arrow will open the list of all categories.
Mode - allows you to apply the following criteria for your search:
Not Listed + Subsource_name - displays all variations that are not listed on the channel;
Errors + Subsource_name - shows variations with errors in listings on the selected channel;
Listed + Subsource_name - shows variations that are listed on the channel;
Show all - displays all variations.
Section on the left hand side of the Variations screen consists of the following columns:
Variation Group Name – Name of the variation group in Linnworks;
Products – Displays a button with a number corresponding to the amount of items the variation consists of. Pressing this button will open the Variation Group window.
Columns on the right hand side of the Variations grid provide information about your listings on each selling channel integrated in LinnLive.
Combined Available Quantity - displays available amount of items from the given variation group.
Moving mouse over column header of each channel will bring up a tooltip with the following information:
Source – the name for the channel;
SubSource – the account on the channel;
Stock from location – location where the stock level is derived from.
Regular search lets you look for a variation group by its name, SKU of one of the items it consists of or by words in the items title.
Extended Search window has more options (Fig. 3.1). Extended search will open if you click down-arrow in the Search field.
Clicking green plus symbol under Product details or Extended propertiesenables searching by item details or its extended properties. Full list of product details and extended properties that can be chosen as a search criteria is provided in the respective drop-down menu.
Note: you can choose several Product details and Extended properties to be included in search by clicking the plus symbol several times.
Ticking Show only changed products check box will display only items, whose details have been edited (in Listing Descriptions tab) but not updated on the channel yet. Such items have three exclamation marks next to their SKU and one exclamation mark next to the number of listings listed on a specific channel.
If you want to save the search criteria you used in Extended Search window, give your search a name and save it. This will allow you to use the same search later without having to specify all the criteria once again.
Cell Different Colours and Font Styles in Listing Grid
Cells in Variations screen can be highlighted in different colours, as well as numbers in the cells can be written in bold or regular font (Fig. 4.1).
Grey colour - cells are highlighted in grey colour when the listing is being created, updated, deleted or worked on.
Red colour - listings with errors (listings that failed to be submitted to the channel or update of the listing failed due to an error) are highlighted in red colour.
Numbers in bold mean that the variation is listed on the channel and has a template in LinnLive.
Numbers in regular font mean that the variation is listed on the channel but there is no template for it in LinnLive (listing is linked with inventory in Linnworks). It is not possible to update or delete such listings in Linnlive.
Variation Listing Right-click Menu
Right-clicking on a cell under the channel column brings up menu which allows you to do the following:
Copy - copies the number;
Edit Selected- opens the Listings screen with your listing template. Depending on the channel where the items are listed, respective window will be opened;
Show All Errors - opens a page with listing templates that have errors on given channel;
Translate Product Data (only for eBay) - takes you to Translate item information menu. Read more about translating eBay listings to other languages here.
Create Listings (is not available, if there is an error with the listing (highlighted in red) or if it is busy (highlighted in grey)) - opens up a list of configurators that you can choose from to create listings.
Note: If you have specified a configurator in the item's extended properties (only possible for eBay), or you want to choose different configurators for different listings, you should choose Create Listings Without Configurators option. This will open the Listings Screen where templates for each listing will be displayed. If there was a configurator specified in extended properties, it will be picked up by the system. You will have to hit Create button against the template to create a listing. If no configurator was specified, you will have to select a configurator you want to use and then click Create button.
Adjust Prices (Fig. 5.1) - This option allows you to adjust the selling price of items which make up a variation group. Here you have the following options:
- to set your item purchase price as the selling price in your listing on the selected channels;
- to set your item default retail price as the selling price in your listing on the selected channels;
- to change price on the selected channels by a fixed percentage or number of units;
- to enter a new desired selling price for each channel.When changing price by units or percentage, you need to enter the desired value in Change the price by box and then select the item that you want to apply changes to. Clicking Process button will show you what the price will become, if you confirm changes.
Instant Adjustments (Fig. 6.1) offers the following 7 options:
Adjust Prices (not available for Magento) - will adjust price on the channel. This implies that price for the channel has been changed in Listing Descriptions section but has not been updated yet;
Adjust Titles - will adjust title on the channel. This implies that title for the channel has been changed in Listing Descriptions section but has not been updated yet;
Adjust Descriptions - will adjust item descriptions on the channel. This implies that description for the channel has been changed in Listing Descriptions section but has not been updated yet;
Adjust Extended Properties - will adjust extended properties of the items listed on the channel. This implies that extended properties have been changed in Linnworks or LinnLive but have not been updated yet;
Add New Attributes - will add new attributes to the items listed on the channel. This implies that new attributes have been added to the items in Linnworks or LinnLive but have not been updated yet;
Update Images(only for eBay and Amazon) - will update images in listings. This implies that images have been added/changed using extended properties but have not been updated yet.
Adjust Prices+Titles+Description - will adjust all the mentioned parameters.